We've all been stung on a plane before, but normally just by the hidden costs and taxes.
Yep, he was stung by a scorpion on a plane. Near the cockpit? No, on the elbow.
Jeff Ellis had dozed off about three hours into the trip and awoke when he felt something tickling his arm. He caught it in a napkin and it was put in a clear plastic bag.
Apparently the writhing arachnid terrified children who were sitting nearby. "Their mother told the flight attendant, 'Get that thing out of my face'," Mr Ellis said.
While it's terrifying to be sat next to a scorpion on a flight at least you can keep the kids away from the back of your seat. Seems worth it.
He then had to wait a nerve-wracking 30 minutes before the flight landed, checking himself for signs of a fatal allergic reaction. He said: "In the movies, scorpions kill people."
True, but in the movies people get enough leg room on a flight and never get their luggage lost, so you can't always believe what you see in films.
>Read the source story